Monday, July 21, 2008

Making Books

Hello Everyone,
Glad to see the sun shining after a very wet weekend. The gardens and lawns are so happy I can almost hear them growing!
I received a postcard from someone, not sure who as he or she did not sign their name, asking if making books counts. I'm thinking that this person is wondering if making books counts as time on your reading calendars. I would love to know what the rest of you think about this idea. My initial response is that YES making books can count as time on your calendars. Especially if you share your work with others afterwards and I would love to have you bring your writing to school and share it with everyone in the classroom.
Happy reading and writing boys and girls!

2 comments:

noah said...

Dear Ms. Rogers, I think that making books counts.

I have a question for you. Did you make that note in the sand before you went water skiing?

From, Noah

Erika Mellmann said...

It seems that the unsigned postcard is from Patrick. He has made a few books this summer (mostly pictures) and wanted to find out if he should record that time on his calendar.

We've been reading lots of stuff, but not much of it comes from the list. Right now Patrick and his dad are reading The Last of the Mohicans.

Patrick was stunned to learn that it's almost August already and that school starts in August. He looked rather dismayed...I think he's enjoying summer.

Erika